How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  40+ years experience in taxes and financial planning
Type Your Finance Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an extension until November 15 to file my 2010 return.

Resolved Question:

I need an extension until November 15 to file my 2010 return. Is that possible?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Hi Dan, There is no procedure to obtain an additional extension beyond the October date (the 17th this year). However, if you are due a refund, you will not be penalized and will still receive it. If you owe you may wish to submit the return on time and pay the tax. After you can file an amended return (within three years of the original due date) and get the additional refund.

CGCPA and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you