Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

P13-9A Condensed financial data of Arma Inc. follows ARMA

P13-9A Condensed financial data of...
P13-9A Condensed financial data of Arma Inc. follows:

ARMA INC.
Comparative Balance Sheets
December 31

Assets 2011 2010
Cash
Accounts receivable
Inventories
Prepaid expenses
Investments
Plant assets
Accumulated depreciation
Total $ 90,800
92,800
112,500
28,400
138,000
270,000
(50,000)
$682,500 $ 48,400
33,000
102,850
26,000
114,000
242,500
(52,000)
$514,750
Liabilities and Stockholders’ Equity
Accounts payable
Accrued expenses payable
Bonds payable
Common Stock
Retained earnings
Total
$112,000
16,500
110,000
220,000
224,000
$682,500
$ 67,300
17,000
150,000
175,000
105,450
$514,750

ARMA INC.
Income Statement
For the Year Ended December 31, 2011

Sales
Less:
Cost of goods sold
Operating expenses, excluding
Depreciation
Depreciation expense
Income taxes
Interest expense
Loss on sale of plant assets
Net income

$135,460

12,410
46,500
27,280
4,730
7,500 $392,780

233,880
$158,900

Additional information:

1. New plant assets costing $85,000 were purchased for cash during the year.
2. Old plant assets having an original cost of $57,500 were sold for $1,500 cash.
3. Bonds matured and were paid off at face value for cash.
4. A cash dividend of $40,350 was declared and paid during the year.

Instructions
Prepare a statement of cash flows using the indirect method. (Cash from operations $185,250)

P13-10A Data for Arma Inc. are presented in P13-9A. Further analysis reveals the accounts payable pertain to merchandise creditors.

Instructions
Prepare a statement of cash flows for Arma Inc. using the direct method. (Cash from operations $185,250)
10/1/2011
Manal Elkhoshkhany

Hello

Please click on the following link for the solution:

http://www.box.net/shared/0yv3t1o1hhtyajxo91fy

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor