Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

Calculating free cash flows - Racin Scooters is introducing

Customer Question
Calculating free cash flows -...
Calculating free cash flows - Racin' Scooters is introducing a new product and has an expected change in EBIT of $475,000. Racin' Scooters has a 34 percent marginal tax rate. The project will also produce $100,000 of depreciation per year. In addition the project will also cause the following changes in year 1:
W/O the project
Accounts receivable $45,000
Inventory $65,000
Accounts payable $70,000

with the project
Accounts receivable $63,000
Inventory $80,000
Accounts payable 94,000

What is the projects free cash flow in year 1?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/9/2011
Financial Professional: DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 years ago
DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help answer your Finance questions. Feel free to ask for clarification if needed.

EBIT(1-Tax Rate)+Depreciation+Change in Net Working Capital-Capital Expenditure

313,500+100,000-18,000-15,000+24,000=404,500

Change in AR: 63,000-45,000 = 18,000

Change in Inventory: 80,000-65,000=15,000

Change in AP: 94,000-70,000=24,000

DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA