How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  40+ years experience in taxes and financial planning
Type Your Finance Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying for an E2 visa for the US I can't officially

Resolved Question:

I am applying for an E2 visa for the US
I can't officially work until I get the Visa BUT I need to show you have started something in the US to have a valid application. This is a little bit confusing but that means for me that can't run a formal business, although I have set up an LLC, all the expenses come out of my personal pocket, I can't pay myself and I am just running a Proof of Concept. When I get my Visa, I will turn this proof of concept into a real business.
My immigration attorney asked me to have an accountant issue me the following documents.
1) Balance sheet, profits and losses document
I have bought 4 properties and after repairs am selling them for a profit. This must show how much I have invested in these homes and what it cost me and the profit.
2) some proof of funds. I spent 240K$ purchasing 4 properties. I plan on investing $350 in year one and I need to prove that I have $90K to cover for the 1st year of expenses (the Embassy considers that I am not going to make a profit the first year so I need to prove that I can cover for 1 year of expenses).
I can send you bank statements from personal US and France bank accounts.
Could you please tell me how much it would cost me to obtain these documents, what I would need to give you for you to work on and the time frame it would take.
Thank you very much in advance
Best regards
Philippe Laurent
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Good morning Philippe,

The site rules at Just Answer preclude us from providing you with this service. Just Answer is designed to serve as an information source. However, here is the web site for the Nevada Society of CPA's. This site can help you locate a CPA in your area who can assist you. The CPAs listed will all be currently licensed and acceptable to the authorities.

If you need additional assistance locating someone who can help you, please feel free to ask.

CGCPA and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, The website refuses to refund the $38 because I have accepted your answer. Your answer was basically "I am not allowed to answer". They suggest that I asked a refund from you. Can you please issue a refund? Thanks in advance Best xxxxxxx
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem and will turn this over to customer service. I did, however, direct you to where you can obtain the services you need.