How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Taxtom Your Own Question
Taxtom, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Taxtom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My EX-husband died. I still work. I am 63 years old. Can I

Resolved Question:

My EX-husband died. I still work. I am 63 years old. Can I continue to work and draw is social security.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 6 years ago.

Taxtom :

Hello, If you were married at least 10 years and are currently unmarried you can draw on his benefit. You can earn up to $14,160 without effecting your Social Security benefit and above that amount your benefit will reduced by $1 for each $2 you earn. Thanks Tom

Taxtom and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you