How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently divorced and will be moving soon, live in the state

Resolved Question:

Recently divorced and will be moving soon, live in the state of North Carolina, have two grown children, do I change my status to single or head of household. I will be living alone. thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

I assume you are referring to "single" for tax purposes. When you file your next tax return, simply check the box that indicates that you are single. That is it!
Ellen and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you