Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

10-12. Midwest Electric Company (MEC) uses only debt and common

Customer Question
equity. It can borrow unlimited...
10-12. Midwest Electric Company (MEC) uses only debt and common equity. It can borrow unlimited amounts at an interest rate of Rd= 10% as long as it finances at its target capital structure, which calls for 45% debt and 55% common equity. Its last dividend was $2, its expected constant growth rate is 4%, and is common stock sells for $20. MEC’s tax rate is 40%. Two projects are available: Project A has a rate of return of 13%, while Project B’s return is 10%. These two projects are equally risky and about as risky as the firm’s existing assets. a.     What is the cost of common equity? b.     What is the WACC? c.     Which projects should Midwest accept?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Finance
3/10/2011
Financial Professional: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 6 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany

Hi Jessica

please click here for the solution

If the above does not work, please click on the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vh1zvjqmar74zv7/Jessica.doc

Regards,

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor