How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  40+ years experience in taxes and financial planning
Type Your Finance Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My bank withdrawal of $1986.00 was accidentally thrown in the

Resolved Question:

My bank withdrawal of $1986.00 was accidentally thrown in the fireplace and is now ashes! Is there anything I can do about it but cry?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  CGCPA replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


If the money was a check or money order you can ask the bank to issue a replacement. They may take some time to be sure it has not come through but, after a reasonable time, will issue the replacement. If the withdrawal was cash it is lost. You can claim a casualty loss for it on your tax returns for the year of the loss.

CGCPA and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you