How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Taxtom Your Own Question
Taxtom, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Taxtom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

okay so now we kept the corporation in name with the history

This answer was rated:

okay so now we kept the corporation in name with the history but added two members who are now the owners. Since the last change we are now a partnership "I assume" since we have two owners rather than one and now will have to file qtrly estimated tax payments for the coproration and ourselves or is there a way to file at the end of the year and make payments or receive a refund like a sole proprietor. Does the llc have its own tax return and the two members (owners) are contractors with a 1099? or do we split profit/loss 50%

Taxtom :

Hello, You can set the company up as a 1065 Partnership Limited Liabilty Corporation and all the income will pass through to the partners. You can choose to either set up a regular payroll system and pay taxes as you go as a normal employee and any remaing income or loss pass through to the partners at year end (reported on a K1), or you can take weekly draws and take care of your individual tax obligations and make quarterty tax payments. You will find a 1065 partnership return and individual returns. Here is a website that explaqins it in more detail Thank You Tom

Taxtom and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you