How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Taxtom Your Own Question
Taxtom, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Taxtom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved @ 150 miles early Jan 2010. My move was related to

Resolved Question:

I moved @ 150 miles early Jan 2010. My move was related to taking a new job. I lived temporarily in a hotel until I purchased a home in April 2010. The temporary lodging amounted to $3,343. What am I entitled to claim on my 2010 tax return for moving expenses for my temporary lodging?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 6 years ago.

Taxtom :

Hello, Temporary living expenses are not deductible. The actual moving expenses including your funiture and personal belongings are deductible. Thank You Tom

Taxtom :


Taxtom and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you