Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Hi - My company will be moving from the pink sheets to NASDAQ…

Hi - My company will...
Hi - My company will be moving from the pink sheets to NASDAQ in the coming months. Should I expect our stock to go up since NASDAQ has more stringent requirements?
6/25/2010
Eric, Financial Manager

I appreciate the opportunity to help!

Well...here is some honest truth about it.

The main reason for a company to list on the OTC or pink sheets and not the NASDAQ in the first place is that they do not want to meet the stricter reporting requirements of a major exchange. They do not want investors looking at their financial statements.

When this change happens, your shares will automatically convert into the new ticker symbol traded on the Nasdaq.

Traders call this a jumper. Your shares will gain in value and they will automatically start trading on the NASDAQ. There is no guaranty of price increases, but it will likely happen since the company will gain more respect and more investors on a major exchange.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick work here. I really appreciate the information provided and will be happy to Accept here - just one question of clarification: How can a share gain in value yet not have a price increase? Isnt that one in the same or am I missing something?

Yes, typically when the company over to a major exchange, price value will increase along with that. There is no guarantee's but it's a good bet it will move higher. The company will get more investors and thus more revenue making the company and the stock value go higher.

Eric, Financial Manager
Great - understand. Thanks for your time and help!
I wish you much luck and hope the stock does well!