Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

im in debt myself and my address is blacklisted if i move in…

Customer Question
im in debt myself and...
im in debt myself and my address is blacklisted if i move in with my partner will that address be listed the same or will it be okay as long as im paying them
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 2 days by:
6/21/2010
Financial Professional: Eric, Financial Manager replied 8 years ago
Eric, Financial Manager

I appreciate the opportunity to help!

I do not know much about this, but will try to help. If you move into another home and you are not directly associated with it, then it should not be affected.

Under the Credit Scoring Scheme, drawn up in 1993 and updated in 2000, companies offering credit are not allowed to redline or blacklist a particular property and should only score individuals. The process of redlining is where a whole area or location is charged extra for or denied services. If you believe that your property has been redlined you may want to make a complaint to your local trading standards office or the Office of Fair Trading.

Relist: Incomplete answer.