Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

______________ provides an estimate of the expected cash flows…

Customer Question
______________ provides an estimate of...
______________ provides an estimate of the expected cash flows as well as information on the distribution of the cash flows that the project is likely to produce.

Simulation analysis

Sensitivity analysis

Scenario analysis

None of the above

Question 2 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Level Co. has a preferred share issue outstanding with a current price of $52.00. The issue paid a dividend of $4.16 yesterday. What is the firm’s cost of preferred equity?

7.00%

7.5%

8.00%

8.50%

Question 3 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Delescio Produce had a degree of accounting operating leverage equal to 1.875 during the most recent period. If the firm’s EBITDA was $50,000 and fixed cash expenses equal to $25,000, then what was Delescio’s depreciation and amortization during the same period?

$1,000

$3,667

$10,000

$100,000

Question 4 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Secret Energy Supplies has common shares with a price of $15.44 per share. The firm is expected to pay a dividend of $1.25 one year from today, and dividends are expected to grow at 15 percent for two years after that ant then at 2 percent thereafter. What is the implied cost of common equity capital for Secret Energy?

11.00%

12.00%

13.00%

14.00%

Question 5 (True/False Worth 5 points)

The CAPM can be used to estimate the cost of preferred equity for a firm.

True
False

Question 6 (True/False Worth 5 points)

In order to use a multistage-growth dividend model to estimate the cost of equity for a firm, the analyst must estimate multiple growth rates in dividends as well as the amount of time that each growth rate will apply.

True
False

Question 7 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Moonshine Drinks has discovered that the extent of the demand for its high octane drink is 4 million bottles per year. If the fixed costs for the new product are $8 million and the sales price per bottle is $25, then what is the maximum variable cost per bottle that the firm needs to break even on a pretax operating cash flow basis?

$2

$22

$23

None of the above.

Question 8 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Natural Footware has total fixed costs of $30,000 per month, including $3,000 per month of depreciation expense. It sells natural sole shoes for $29 a pair, and the variable cost of each pair of shoes is $20. What is the pretax operating cash flow break-even point for Natural Footware?

931 pairs of shoes

3.000 pairs of shoes

3,333 pairs of shoes

3,667 pairs of shoes

Question 9 (True/False Worth 5 points)

One interpretation of depreciation and amortization is that it is a fixed cost of the firm.

True
False

Question 10 (True/False Worth 5 points)

The higher a firm’s unit variable costs, the greater the degree of operating leverage that the firm is utilizing.

True
False

Question 11 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Marigold Products is expected to pay a dividend of $1.98 one year from today. If the firm’s growth in dividends is expected to remain at a flat 4 percent forever, what is the cost of equity capital for Marigold if the price of its common shares is currently $33.00?

6.00%

6.24%

10.00%

10.24%

Question 12 (True/False Worth 5 points)

The market risk premium can be accurately calculated if we know the expected rate of return on the market.

True
False

Question 13 (True/False Worth 5 points)

Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) does not include depreciation and amortization expenses.

True
False

Question 14 (True/False Worth 5 points)

The constant-growth dividend model cannot be used if the growth in dividends is expected to be zero into the identifiable future.

True
False

Question 15 (True/False Worth 5 points)

Break-even analysis tells us how many sales dollars must occur in order for a project to break even on a cash flow or an accounting basis.

True
False

Question 16 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Life Balance, Inc. has found that its cost of common equity capital is 15 percent and its cost of debt capital is 9 percent. If the firm is financed with $6 million of common shares (market value) and $4 million of debt, what is the after tax weighted average cost of capital (WACC) for the company if it is subject to a 30 percent marginal tax rate?

9.7%

10.65%

11.16%

11.52%

Question 17 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Tulip Products Industries paid a dividend of $2.05 yesterday. If the firm’s growth in dividends is expected to remain at a flat 1.5 percent forever, what is the cost of equity capital for Tulip if the price of its common shares is currently $24.48?

8.37%

8.5%

9.87%

10.00%

Question 18 (True/False Worth 5 points)

The pretax operating cash flow (EBITDA) break-even point is determined by how many units will have to be sold in order to cover the firm’s fixed cash expenses.

True
False

Question 19 (True/False Worth 5 points)

The appropriate risk-free rate of return to use in the CAPM is the 3-month Treasury rate.

True
False

Question 20 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points)

Accounting operating profits are also knows as

EBIT

EBITDA

Net income

None of the above.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Finance
6/13/2010
Financial Professional: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 8 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

My deadline is today by 9:00 EST.

Book: Fundamentals of Corporate Finance.
Authors: Robert Parrino / David Kidwell
Edition: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Chapter 12 & 13

I am sorry I had problems with my internet connection and did not get to see your response until now. Guess it is too late to address the post.

Looking forward to being able to help with future posts, but for future posts, please try to allow at least 48 hours before the deadline so that there is enough time fr experts to address your questions

Thank you

Thats ok! Would you able to answer any of the other questions that I have post?