How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Z Your Own Question
Dave Z
Dave Z, Mortgage Co. Operations Manager
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 697
Experience:  Operations manager for a mortgage company, Member of OAMB & NAMB, 10+ yrs experience in mtg industry
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Dave Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been cleaning houses, and have no employee tax no. how do I file

Resolved Question:

I clean houses for a living, I get paid in cash and I have no federal employee tax number. How do I go about filing my taxes?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Dave Z replied 8 years ago.
Good afternoonCustomerand welcome to Just Answer!

You are considered to be self employed if you work for yourself and are paid in this manner. You will need to file a form 1040 and file a Schedule C. You will use your Social Security Number as your id number. Most sole proprietors use their social security number as opposed to a federal tax id number.

Here are some helpful links to help you with filing: (Schedule C) (Schedule C Instructions) (Form 1040) (Form 1040 Instructions)

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you for using Just Answer and please do not forget to leave feedback after you have clicked the Green Accept button. Have a great week and best of luck with everything.
Dave Z and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you