Celia
Celia, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
106949894

What are the risks of negotiating an EPO before mediation

What are the risks of negotiating an EPO before mediation takes place during a divorce case involving abuse of spouse and children?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I will be happy to assist you with your questions.

For EPO, you mean emergency protective order?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Yea

Are you asking how the EPO will effect the proceedings moving forward?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No, my friend filed for EPO and got it for her and her children. She is undergoing a divorce process. Now the husband wants the EPO lifted and is willing to expedite mediation. What is in the best interest of the spouse with EPO ?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Does that make sense?

She should give the EPO for safety reasons. The divorce will proceed regardless.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
They are threatening to go after her by sending motions saying she is an unfit mother. Is this a bluf?

Yes.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome.