How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SuccESQ Your Own Question
SuccESQ, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1658
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SuccESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wanting to relocate my son and myself but i am unable

This answer was rated:

i am wanting to relocate my son and myself but i am unable to get in the court house to file papers so i need help to file so i dont have to break the lease i signed
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i have not because the court house is closed because of the coronavirse
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that i have told his father but he is going to deny the relocation

Thanks you for providing the initial details for your legal issue. Please let me know what is your specific legal question?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i want to know how i can file paper work to relocate my son. but the court house is closed so what should i do?

As you have stated the courts are only taking priority matters (generally criminal arraignments, domestic violence protective orders, and other injunctions where irreparable harm may happen if not dealt with now). Unfortunately that leaves all other cases that don’t fall into that category in limbo. As of right now the suspension of normal court business is thorough 4/14 in PA. There isn’t anything you can do about it other then waiting until you can file. If there is a threat of harm to you or the child you can contact the police and file fo a temporary restraining order which can give you temporary custody orders, but not permission to relocate. As you have seen the precautions take in by federal and state government in response to this pandemic has caused inconveniences for everyone. When you are able to filet the attached website has information on how to go about requesting an order allowing you to relocate with the minor child.


Please let me know if you have any further questions related to the original question. If I've answered your question fully I would greatly appreciate a 3-5 star (hopefully 5) rating at the top right of this question page ★★★★★ and hit "Submit." If the star rating does not show, please reply "5 stars" (or however many you are leaving) or "thank you". Customer ratings are the only way I get credited for the time and attention given to your questions as I am an independent contractor and not an employee of the website. The information provided is not meant to substitute a review of your issue by a local attorney to go over your options as there are likely facts and or information that I am not aware of in this conversation that may impact how best to proceed. No attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction. Thank you for rating.". Thanks, and I hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

SuccESQ and 16 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you