LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

My son mother has sole custody...so she have the right to

My son mother has sole custody...so she have the right to keep me from seeing my son without a court order
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet...after paternity was established the court gave her sole custody...
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: The mother and I are not married
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thank you

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

yes, the court order is controlling so if a parent wishes to have visitation they would need to petition the court and request that; if granted the parent with sole custody must comply with that order.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Me and the mother love in michigan

The MI courts would have jurisdiction over the visitation issue then.

I hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate
5 stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
if you feel I have earned it.

All information is for educational purposes only and the terms and conditions of the site apply which prohibits the establishment of an attorney client relationship as this is a public forum and there is no attorney client confidentiality.
For personal legal advice please contact your county bar for a referral to a private attorney that will be able to review the specific facts of your case in detail and render a detailed opinion based on that after an attorney fee agreement and conflict of interest check is done.

A personal attorney can be located here:
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home/flh-hire-a-lawyer/

How to hire an attorney:
https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/migrated/publiced/practical/books/family_legal_guide/chapter_1.authcheckdam.pdf

This answer is not intended to, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It is not intended to constitute either legal advice or attorney advertising. Rather, in conformity with the terms of the website, it is offered solely for information purposes, for the customer to use as a starting point when speaking with a lawyer licensed in their location.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So I just can't go see him if I wish and if I do she can deny me

Unfortunately yes, though I wish I had better news.

Did I address the above to your satisfaction in terms of providing the requested information?