Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a 14 year old son who his father abandoned my son…

Customer Question
I have a 14...

I have a 14 year old son who his father abandoned my son while his father was in another relationship. He did not so much as call my son in 4 years His fathers exgirlfriend changed the locks so he finally contacted my son who was now 11. I allowed him to stay with my son until he got on his feet. He then found another girl to live with and is working out of town 5 days a week leaving my son with his girlfriend. My so asked if he ca stay with his dad for awhile which has now turned into 10 months his father did not allow him to come to my home any holiday since october2017did not let him com for my sons bday or my bday he has attended football banquets for my son and never told me about he has even had his girlfriend register my son for his first year of high school and did not inform me

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the basis for the modification?

He is requesting he have full custody child support stopped and put on me and going back to October 2017 when my son was allowed to stay not live my son needed to rebuild the relationship he lost from the age of 7-11 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has a petition to modify visitation been filed?

Yes he filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have had a court assigned parenting plan since 2012 he has not followed once

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Family Law
7/11/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 11 days ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hello; I am terribly sorry to hear you are having such custody issues.

What is your specific question please?