Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I have a question about medical debt in Arkansas. No How do

I have a question about medical debt in Arkansas
JA: Have you talked to an AR lawyer about this?
Customer: no How do I get an Arkansas lawyer onlime
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My granddaughter was born 2 years ago july29 2016. She had to stay in NICU for 10days. They tried and are willing to set up payments. The bill is around 10,000 and I tried paying 75 a month. They turned it over to a lawyer who wants 350 a month and I can’t afford that. They are adding attorney fees and making it worse and now are threatening court proceedings. My son and his wife are school teachers. They are behind on no bills. Can they take them to court and can they try to force 350 a month
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can this law firm take them to court or keep adding lawyers fees to putting them further in debt

Calling now.

Goodness. I'm so sorry. I think we got disconnected. All I was going to say was that they should consider asking them to remove the attorneys fees in exchange for like a $90 per month payment. But also tell them that if it gets to great of a burden, they should consider whether they should even pay on it. They may be sued, but ultimately that may end up in a lien, or at worst, a paycheck garnishment to recover the balance, assuming the creditor even tries to go through those lengths.