LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

I have a question. I am trying to get a modification on the

hi, yes I have a question.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i am trying to get a modification on the amount i have to pay towards child support.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: in i am in Florida , but the child support case is in california
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i remove a misdemeanor(False imprisonment) in a state(California) that i am not a resident in?

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

It is possible in CA to get a modification in child support if there is a change in circumstance; this would include an increase/decrease in parenting time, or an increase/decrease in the parent's income.

I have provided a link to the forms and instructions here

Further questions please post here.

If no further questions kindly rate positively so the site credits me for my time.

The above information is for educational purposes only; if one seeks legal advice please contact the local bar association for a referral to a licensed attorney in your area that is able to review your case in a private, confidential setting and will be able to tailor advise specific to your situation.