Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney At Law at SELF
65306917

I have mediation tomorrow for shared parenting plans. Right

Customer Question

I have mediation tomorrow for shared parenting plans. Right now I am the resident parent, my wife as of now, the non resident parent-court ordered. Had intentions of filing for full custody, however, I was strongly advised to agree to the shared parenting so the skeletons in my closest, were not brought up.
JA: Who currently has legal custody?
Customer: Sorry I wasn’t finished with original message.
JA: Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: i do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just found out she has been doing some very hard core drugs, was evicted and now I have no idea who or where she is living. Was kicked out of her parents house last Friday has overnight parenting time this Fri and Sat.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bruce Schreiber replied 4 months ago.

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. Based upon the facts you recited in the last paragraph you need to take steps to protect the child(ren).

If you are aware o her drug use and don't say anything it could work against you later.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you-I was told not to bc she will bring up mine. I told my attorney I smoked marijuana, not legal here, however I also told her that my wife has been smoking Meth and I have texts from her phone stating so.

Well he is right, that could be used against you and you could both wind up having the children removed. You have to balance your risk against the safety of the child. Your local Attorney probably knows best about the local customs.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively (at the top of the page) so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. I believe the rating is given at the top of this conversation pane. The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ME ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING THIS MATTER. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively (at the top of the page) so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.