Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I did not pay child support forb13 years because she didn’t…

Customer Question
I did not pay...

I did not pay child support forb13 years because she didn’t want any and then she goes and files at the attorney general office for back pay what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

None they just took my wages

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like what she did send me letter back in 2004 from her lawyer asking me to relinquish my parental obligation but she never filed I just told them to do it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
6/25/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Do you have any proof at all that she said that she didn't need or didn't want child support? Did you otherwise provide for the child at all such as paying for health care benefits or for schooling?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been looking for the letter all I found was the envelope it came in but no letter

I see. Is the AG's office looking for a response from you or is there a hearing date?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing I went there back in October when they sent a letter that they will begin wage garnishment
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They told me that I needed to get a lawyer and they could do nothing for me

Interesting. Is the amount too expensive for you?