Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex husband posted a video talking about me which is in…

Customer Question
My ex husband posted...

My ex husband posted a video talking about me which is in violation of our custody agreement I’m stationed overseas what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I haven’t done anything as of yet I just saw the video. Also I’m in the military and our custody agreement doesn’t state during a move overseas are the children allowed to go? Should I get a lawyer or do mediation

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NC is where the agreement was made I’m currently in Korea

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma’am

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
6/24/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to retain the services of a local Attorney in North Carolina who handles custody and visitation issues to file contempt action against your ex-husband, and also to get clarification from the Court regarding relocation of the children.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Google.com

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.