Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I paid my ex wife child support through a joint banking

Second opinion] I paid...

Second opinion] I paid my ex wife child support through a joint banking account for 3 years it said in the divorce papers that we could do that. She turned it in to child support that I haven't paid anything so its saying im 9,000 something behind. What do I do I have sent all the documents in and they do nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

We have our divorce papers

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Its IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes there is DCFS charges against her a lot is going on

6/24/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You are going to have to get bank records on a joint account.You have burden to show you paid and receive credit.If you can show deposits here or other records you will be fine.It is your burden since you agreed to pay this way.Honestly this is exactly what payments through child support avoids even if there administrative fees.

You need to access the account records.If you have too here you can subpoena them through your wife.But if its a joint account you should have access to the records.I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already done this and they told me to send them to them I did 4 times and nothing has been done
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also we have more than that going on. CPS has been called on her so many times the last 6 months the school has called and YCMA camp has called. Due to drugs child neglect and her hitting them in the face chocking them and punching them leaving them at home alone when one has ADHD and the other having asburgers. this has been going on so long I cant handle it anymore. my kids need help. CPS got called on wendsday and she called me to come get them. what can I do