Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question regarding my divorce. My ex filed for

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding my divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

My ex filed for divorce and I responded into it .. but I have a court hearing on Monday regarding child custody and visitation and my ex also asked to pay his attorneys fees I cannot even afford to hire a lawyer because they charge me too high ... my 4

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Kids are living with me ages 18,17,13,11... I live in California San Francisco

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What will I do ? I know I have to appear in court but I’m scared and nervous I just want to know what will happen there since I don’t have a lawyer to represent me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
6/24/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

So, is this hearing for the final custody issue or just the pendente lite issue. Basically, is the court issuing a temporary or permanent custody and support award?

Ok, I have to sign off for the night. If you have other questions, please, let me know. I 'll be back on around 8am PST tomorrow. Thanks so much!