Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am 16 I am living with my mom right now and I am not very…

Customer Question
Hi I am Xavier...

Hi I am Xavier Johnson I am 16 I am living with my mom right now and I am not very happy over here I live with my dad before and they went to court For me and my dad won because I wanted to live with him but now I am living with my mom and I’m not very happy over here either and I wasn’t happy over there I’m trying to live with somebody else but they’re not my family my dad‘s girlfriend left him and I want to live with her and her son she found a husband and lives with him I know all of them but I want to know since my dad gave me back to my mom without going to court Does that mean they have joint custody? And if so does that mean they both have to say yes to me living over there please help Does that mean they have joint custody? And if so does that mean they both have to say yes

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

Not yet but do you have a phone number so I can call you I really need help

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
6/23/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes the parents have to consent.They may well agree to it since you would be happiest there.Remember in two years or less here you are an adult and can live anywhere you want.See if they will agree to this arrangement.I hope they will.I wish you the best.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.