Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Sean K
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
In California, wife filed for divorce/legal separation. We
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
In California, wife filed for divorce/legal separation. We have a leased car in my name only that i pay for. Do i have to keep letting her drive it? … read more
My son in Texas. Served divorce papers from California. Wife
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
My son in Texas. Served divorce papers from California. Wife left him and took 2 young boys. 1 1/2 yrs ago. He thought they may reconcile. She wound up having a baby recently from someone else. These … read more
I want to file the legal separation paperwork but do not
Robert L
Robert L, Deputy General Counsel
Hello. I want to file the legal separation paperwork but do not have access to all our accounts at this time. Do I need to be very specific with what is mutual, what is not, etc., before filing? Or ca… read more
Atty, I've been separated from my husband for 12 yrs now and
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Juris Doctorate
Hi Atty, I've been separated from my husband for 12 yrs now and plan to file divorce. I bought a residential property for me and my children though we are not ligally separated yet. The title of our h… read more
I know a couple that they have not seen each other for 2~3
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
I know a couple that they have not seen each other for 2~3 years. They have been filing tax returns separately for the past 2-3 years, with status of "Married filing separately". The husband once said… read more
What should I do so I don't need to come to U.S. to divorce?
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Juris Doctorate
What should I do so I don't need to come to U.S. to divorce? http://www.mncourts.gov/GetForms.aspx?c=15&p=50 is the link you show me last time. But since I don't have kids, why I need to fill out Pare… read more
I am married for 5 years I found out he is married in
Ray, Lawyer
I am married for 5 years I found out he is married in another country I want to know if Ian still married until I null the marriage … read more
I want to file for divorce. I have been separated from my
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I want to file for divorce. I have been separated from my spouse since 1992. I live in California. My spouse lives in Pennsylvania. I am about to move to Georgia. In what state should I file for divor… read more
I have a legal separation in the state of Oregon, county
Sue
Sue, Juris Doctorate
Hi. I have a legal separation in the state of Oregon, Washington county that I am turning into a divorce. … read more
My wife and I are mediating our divorce and I have decided
Ray, Lawyer
My wife and I are mediating our divorce and I have decided to split my CA State PERS retirement account 50/50 with my wife. The mediator says I will need a joinder and QRDO prepared by an attorney. Wh… read more
In NC can my husband and I write and file our own separation
Loren, family lawyer
In NC can my husband and I write and file our own separation agreement without an attorney? Will it be legally binding if Notorized and filed with the clerk if courts? Does it have to include full dis… read more
I am recently retired, have a pension, a house which is fully
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
I am recently retired, have a pension, a house which is fully paid, some money in the bank, a brokerage account and an IRA account. My wife is not working. I want to move to south and start a business… read more
We were married in Puebla, Mexico in 1999 as separate property
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
We were married in Puebla, Mexico in 1999 as separate property o community (as suggestion of his mother, I didn't have any asset there but he yes as inherited asset) .. we moved to California in 2000 … read more
My husband has recently moved out neither one of us has filed
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My husband has recently moved out neither one of us has filed for legal separation or divorce. But, I imagine he will do so soon. It was my understanding that our monies were still joint. But he tells… read more
My divorce was filed in 2006. It was dismissed in 2011 because
Ray, Lawyer
My divorce was filed in 2006. It was dismissed in 2011 because husban did not sign. since then we have devided our assets according the "final" papers that was not finalized. Since then I have sold an… read more
date of separation 02/14/11. marriage 07/10/99. my husband
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
date of separation 02/14/11. marriage 07/10/99. my husband filed 6/11 state of california, los angeles 1. our health insurance is joint. when we divorce will i lose my insurance benefits on this ppo? … read more
A married couple are getting a divorce. The house they bought
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
A married couple are getting a divorce. The house they bought for $550k and owe 400k on is now worth only $250k .Plus they own a car that has a loan that still has 2 yrs. left at $645/month that was b… read more
Hello- My name is Amanda Eberly and my husband and I are trying
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
Hello- My name isXXXXX and my husband and I are trying to get an amicable divorce. The problem is our upside down house that I am living in here in Florida and he is paying the mortgage on from Califo… read more