Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Now concerning the question regarding my daughter taking my…

Customer Question
Now concerning the question regarding...
Now concerning the question regarding my daughter taking my mothers money. She would like to know if there is anything that she or I can do regarding payback of her money. We have been calling her and she has stopped answering her phone. What do you think or advise us to do regarding the situation? We live in Michigan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.
Can you provide some more information regarding your situation...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Here are the emails concerning matter which are s follows:My daughter and I have joint guardianship over my mom. The court was to appoint a conservator for her but has not done so. My daughter has taken the money out of her account and what she has done with it no one knows,. I would like to know what can be done about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken?Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, we only have guardianship papers.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My Mom wants to prosecute her because she did this without permission. I would like to have her name removed from guardianship. I have already had her name removed from bank account.Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!I am terribly sorry to hear this;a guardian is in a fiduciary position so if a guardian acts in their own self interest to the jeopardy of the ward's person or property, that can be grounds for a breach of fiduciary action which can result in a monetary judgment for reimbursement as well as removal from the position; please see:https://www.michbar.org/public…Here is the petition to terminate guardianship which can be filed by an interested party, which can be a co-guardian as well.Please advise us on the best steps to remedy situation.

It looks like you've sent me a thread with a conversation with another attorney... I'm not sure if that's what you mean to send me...

Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

As the earlier Attorney said, you need to file papers in the Court that appointed her for her removal.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. The ratings are at the top of the conversation pane.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.