Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My neice's parents signed a voluntary placement order to…

My neice's parents signed...

My neice's parents signed a voluntary placement order to have her placed with a friend. i recently found out. when i called cps to see if i could have her placed with me because i am a blood relative they told me no. they are now telling me that they will have a team meeting to decide. im wondering if i can just go to the courts with the SAPCR form and waivers signed by both parents and get a court order for placement? the mother has had a cps case for over a year, the child was just removed on 2/14/18. this is in texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in TX family court?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?

The mother... no but i have

6/22/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can here.You have as good a chance as CPS.Voluntary Placement can be revoked by such an order.You may decide to take your chances with the judge and the court.I have seen people do this and be successful at it.I was a CPS lawyer and lots of judges aren't fans of CPS and you may well get custody if you file.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it it much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer