KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate law, finance, consumer credit, landlord tenant, and business law.
92128996

In New York, is there a requirement that an amended Article

In New York, is there a requirement that an amended Article 10 petition be served?
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
it must be served. Under FCA § 1051(b) which requires that “respondent be given reasonable time to prepare an answer to the amended allegations”, safeguards the procedural due process rights of respondents.   See, In the Matter of Shawniece E., 110 A.D.2d 900, 488 N.Y.S.2d 733 (2d Dept.1985).I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please tell me where it says that the Amended Article 10 petition needs to served, as the original petition is required to be, i.e. a process server comes to your door.

It must be personally served under FCA Section 1035, in the same manner as the original petition. Here is a link to the section of law.

http://ypdcrime.com/fca/fca-article10-part3.htm#f1040

And also FCA Section 1036.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. I'll get back to you about this.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Suppose the Fact Finding Hearing arrives, a respondent still has not been served with the Article 10 petition nor the Amended Article 10 petition, and a 1027 was held without notice to her.
What then do you ask the Court for?
What would ACS's options be if the Court agrees that my first sentence above is true?
You could ask for it to be dismissed because of lack of service and prejudice.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can receiving the petition/amended petition in the records room be considered as service if the judge knows that the respondent went to the records room?
No, service is not established by obtaining a copy.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much. Please know that even if your answers would not be what I wanted to hear, I would still appreciate them, because I need to know what the law is.
You’re welcome
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If ACS is still going to serve the Amended Article 10 petition:
- how close to the fact finding hearing can it be served?
- would it make up for the original petition not being served?
-would prejudice still be a reason to ask to have the case dismissed because
the 1027 was held without notice to one of the respondents?
They must follow service rules which apply to the original; it would not make up for failing to serve original; prejudice baud for dismissal is allowed
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please tell me the number of days.
The online dictionaries I looked at told me baud is a unit of transmission speed. If it's a typo I have no idea what word you meant to type.
I try to click 5 stars each time but nothing happened after the first or second question.
Thanks again.
a typo prejudice is a grounds for dismissal and must be alleged
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please tell me what a compliance conference is in an Article 10 case.
Do the respondents go before the judge?
During a compliance conference, both sides must appear in court and advise the judge on the status of the case .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do the respondents appear before the judge, or only their attorneys.

If represented by an attorney, then only the attorney will appear.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you again.

You're welcome

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In ACS cases are admissions and/or submissions done with a motion?
It will be done by application filed by ACS to amend the Article 10.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does it show up on Web Family as a motion?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you again.
Welcome