Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a grand daughter that I raised from a baby my

Customer Question
I have a grand...

I have a grand daughter that I raised from a baby my daughter was 14 when she got pregnant. My daughter has married a guy that controls her. And he sends my granddaughter to his parents who are not kind to my granddaughter and my husband and I are not allowed to see her. Her dad is trying to get his rights because he can't see his child

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I haven't. I live in Savannah, Ga can you please tell me where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

I am her maternal grandmother. My name is***** Her paternal grandmother wants her right also. She lives in Jacksonville Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Is there currently a custody order granting your daughter sole legal custody? Or did they never formally go to court for a custody order?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Are your granddaughter and daughter also residing in GA?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

No custody order. No court. She put him on child support. We all live in Ga