Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My kids were appointed a lawyer for my child custody case.

Customer Question
My kids were appointed...

My kids were appointed a lawyer for my child custody case. The kids are in danger and they're lawyer have not contacted them as yet. Multiple court dates have come and gone and another one is fast approaching. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I've called ACS. They did an investigation and have since closed the case. I filed for custody and that is to be determined on June 11. The kids are traumatized and are ready to talk but no one is reaching out to them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have so much to say and it is driving me to the edge where I feel like I am going to take matters into my own hands and am willing to just pay the consequences

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
6/1/2018
Family Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Why haven't I received an answer?
Family Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Your question is open to all Experts.
Thank you for your response.
Family Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Who appointed the lawyer for your children?

Family court. And when you Google him there are so many bad reviews. He's a local bitter politician. I've called him several thims in regards ***** ***** children and he has given me what I think is bad advice.

What you should do is reach out to the family court and inform them up the issues and that the attorney has not even reached out to represent your children yet.