Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son was arrested for battery to his daughter who I have…

Customer Question
My son was...

My son was arrested for battery to his daughter who I have permenent quardianship of in my home,and assault on our family pet which caused death to the dog,I signed papers with them where their dad not allowed near our home or any contact with the children,their was four children in home,I'm grandmother to all of them,they removed the year and half old boy,put him in foster, now they are wanting me to sign informal adjustment or they told me if I don't they will take the other three girls from me,who will be 14,15,16 this aug,and nov, I've already had oldest in therapy, counseling for over a yr,recently after this happened put other two in ,oldest has pds,sczaferania, bipolar,add,on medications for this,I want my grandson back home,and don't feel like I did anything to be put on cps,they are saying I didn't protect girls,police was called,he was arrested,he is not in the home lives in different town an hr away,and signed safety rules with them where he's not allowed near home or kids what else could I've done,they are all in counseling, with any info allowed for them to get,can they take my girls away if I don't agree to informal adjustment? They let my grandson come to my home unsupervised on Fri at nine am till Sat at 3 pm,my sister drives nine miles to next town and meets foster parent at a gas station,for pick up and return,it's been month and a half since this happened, and they are just now text me saying they are getting staffing ready,to draw up papers for me to do informal adjustment for at least 6 months

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No,they just text me today about getting papers ready for informal adjustment,and one of the case workers said if I don't they will come take the other three kids

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of,and why can't my grandson stay with me too,other three here with me,but the baby was a ward in another county due of his biological mother my son has temp custody,until divorce goes final in July then he would have had full custody,that's how they had it wrote up,bilogical mother was court ordered to pay support but never once did,my son said he would give me quardianship of him also to get him out of foster care,but right now my main concern is they are threatening me if I don't sign this informal adjustment they will come take my girls also,our thirty day period with them is passed,prob close to two wks over that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This is a common cop out excuse by these incompetent, negligent and abusive CPS agents. They have their own personal bias and they are now likely friendly with someone who wants to keep the baby. At this point, you need to not sign the adjustment, but you need to get a local attorney involved immediately because they are trying to railroad you with the bogus charge of not protecting when you did all you could do in calling the police on your own son and having him arrested, you could not have physically intervened and put your own life at risk and they know that. This is just a common claim of a biased and negligent social worker trying to get the child placed somewhere else because of her own personal bias.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.