Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband wants a divorce, He says he has a lawyer and

Customer Question
My husband wants a...

My husband wants a divorce,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

He says he has a lawyer and wants an uncontested divorce,he just told me he can’t stand me and wants to sold the house and put me and our children in the street We have a son with special needs

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

We’re in Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have to sell the ouse

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Family Law
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
I am terribly sorry to hear this.
Basically if the parties get divorced the court will divide marital property in an equitable manner, so that it is fair and not necessarily equal.
So for example the custodial parent may have exclusive use and possession of the family home to help the child during the transition.
The court may also award child support to the custodial parent as well as alimony if one spouse earns more income than the other.
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate 5 stars so the site credits me for my time-this does not result in additional charges.
Thank you and take care!

Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 18 days ago

Checking in to see if you had further questions?
If not kindly rate 5 star if you feel I have earned it at no additional charge to you.

Thank you!

Information is only for legal education purposes as a personal consultation with a personal retained attorney is required for legal advice specific to your situation.

Thank you.