Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am disabled and my husband abanoned me March 2, 2017. He…

Customer Question
I am disabled and...

I am disabled and my husband abanoned me March 2, 2017. He is an alcoholic and pulled a gun on me a couole of weeks before he left. His parents came and got me. No attorney will take on a domestic case without money I do not have, so in the alternative, he committed crimes against me. Can I have him arrested.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the abandonment charges?

Nothing because I didn't have the money.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the abandonment occur?

NC and I've called everyone. The retirement is half mine and I would use it to go to Mayo Clinic. I am terminal, they think. OMG

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a prenup so when he left, threre was nothing of his left.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Landline(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you and I lookk forward to hearing from you.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
In the meantime, I am trying to get the prenup for you siince it is filed in the Wake County Registry.
5/31/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 23 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 23 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes, if you were the victim of a domestic assault or battery, you can make a police report and have criminal charges pressed against him.

I see that you requested a phone call, I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone to discuss this matter further.

I'll send you the link for the phone call so we can continue. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will dispute this charge at my bank, or, you can refund. Up to you
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 21 days ago

Billing is handled entirely through customer support, not by any of the attorneys on the site.

You can reach customer support to discuss a refund at this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Take care and have a good day!