Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was asked to email a Minnesota county child support worker…

Customer Question
Hi I was asked...

Hi I was asked to email a Minnesota county child support worker to tell them. I voluntarily paid child support before now I have to make it official what do I do. I don't want to put myself in a corner or payback child support that I already paid

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in MN family court?

No we have to go to court sometime it would be in Anoka county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
hi are you there
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I would provide any proof of payments you have to them CS worker. If the other parent signs an acknowledgement of receipt of those funds that would help significantly.

okay thanks for the help

Sure. Let me know if you have any additional questions, otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.