Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If going through a trail can minor children be witness. We…

Customer Question
If going through a...

If going through a trail can minor children be witness

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes we have been going back and forth. We have seen the mediator our child has spoken to the mediator and now dad is taking it to trail cause he doesn’t agree with what the mediator is recommending . Dad has a lawyer and I don’t

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Family Law
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 22 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 22 days ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok thanks you
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 22 days ago

In California in a child custody case a minor usually cannot speak to a judge and testify in court directly, however the court can appoint the child minor's counsel who will speak with your child and then convey their preferences or testimony to the judge.

See:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/cms/rules/index.cfm?title=five&linkid=rule5_250

I hope that helps!Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you! Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Search Results
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 21 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!