Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Good aternoon. So we are getting a divorce, we have 2 boys…

Customer Question
Good aternoon Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good aternoon

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

So we are getting a divorce, we have 2 boys and a business together however her name is ***** ***** llc and she is on the dead of the house. She moved out with the boys and i kept the house

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

She has not filled anything i want to know my rights to protect me because she took all the items in the house, the money, the only car and I am left with nothing but a house i need to know how to afford

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Virgina

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 26 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you Nnisha
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 26 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 26 days ago

Generally while a divorce is pending, both parties are required to continue making payments on bills, the mortgage, car payments, etc., as they normally would during the course of the marriage.

This means that if one spouse was the primary income earner, they cannot simply stop making payments and leave the other spouse without recourse.

Conversely, spouses can also choose to come to a mutual agreement with regards ***** ***** arrangements and management of the bills while the divorce is in process.

If you two have reached a mutual agreement -- then that is acceptable by the courts as well.

However if you're in a situation where she has stopped making payments that she was usually responsible for, then you may want to consider bringing this to the court's attention so that the court can give her an order on how to proceed financially, pending the divorce being finalized.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 25 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!