Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I Would like to find a top lawyer for my son who is in a…

Customer Question
I Would like to...

I Would like to find a top lawyer for my son who is in a custody battle with his baby's mother, she is keeping the child from seeing everyone in our family,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, they have joint legal custody which they both agreed to back in 2014 by Agreed Mediated order, but she is with someone knew now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In Nov she filed a restraining order on him, he put a message on his son's FB and was arrested for Invaision of Privacy.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation.

Has he filed a motion with the court to enforce the existing custody order? The judge can order her to comply or be held in contempt.

Is the restraining order active? Was she able to obtain a restraining order on those grounds alone?

restaining order is active for 2 years. she said, lies, but could not get my son to contest it, he was Dx with deppression & anxiety in 2017, where he worked as a prision guard.
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that.

During this time, has he been able to see his daughter for regular visits?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!