Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband has told me he wants to get a divorce. He is now…

Customer Question
Hi, My husband has...

Hi, My husband has told me he wants to get a divorce. He is now living in US Virgin Islands and I am living in Georgia. I have been using a car that is in his name for the past year. He now tells me he wants to sell this car. No actual divorce papers have been filed yet. Do I have the right to continue to use the car or can he just sell it. Also, he's not even living here so expects me to sell it for him.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Georgia family court?

I haven't taken any steps yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. The whole thing has been overwhelming.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Also, we have been married for just over 3 years.
5/30/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 23 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 23 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Whose name is ***** ***** registered in?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 22 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!