Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What do I do with a divorce summons. I got a divorce

Customer Question
What do I do...

What do I do with a divorce summons

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I got a divorce summons

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I already have custody in case in nyc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I see that you also requested a phone call. I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone to discuss this further. I'll send you the link for the phone call so we can continue. Thanks!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!