Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The petitioner in my case has been using this to get custody…

Customer Question
The petitioner in my case...
The petitioner in my case has been using this to get custody and pretty much all that she wants from our divorce. She breaks it and I have to and she has violated me four times maybe five I'm learning. She came to my house and asked to go inside to see how it looked for the kids and their time here to know what they had and what environment for them was like in that time I agreed and she entered. She them stated what she wanted from divorce and asked that I agree in order to get rid of the order and I said that's not right and asked her to leave she showed up later and saw a girl here who she accused to be my partner and demanded that she leave and I told her not my gf and asked her to go. We had arguments through texts and phone calls and after mediation where she agreed to drop order if I did things requested and then she violated me two more times possibly and is not cooperating with visitation schedule which she hasn't the whole time. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/29/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If a party is failing to comply with a court order, a motion can be filed to hold them in contempt. They will be brought in front of the Judge and have to explain why they are failing to comply with the court order by the Judge and why they are unwilling to cooperate with visitation and interfering with your rights. If they do not have a legal basis to support their actions, the Judge can find them in contempt an sanction them or take action to compel compliance.