Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can I use mental health emotional support for reasons for…

Customer Question
Can I use mental...

Can I use mental health emotional support for reasons for divorce? I am bipolar and my husband does not understand it. I am well now and actually work for a non profit mental health.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No. I am trying to figure out what I can get out of divorce. I own a property too and not sure if he can take some

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Colorado

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Family Law
5/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 23 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 23 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Colorado is actually a no fault divorce state.

That means that in order to get divorced, one spouse does not have to prove fault or blame against the other spouse, you only have to state on your divorce paperwork that the marriage is "irretrievably broken".

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 22 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!