Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What do i do after i get my divorced decree signed? its

Customer Question
What do i do...

What do i do after i get my divorced decree signed? its uncontested with no children or property

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

All the papers before have been filed i just got my divorce decree signed. im not sure what to do next

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/28/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

hello! i have an uncontested divorce without any property or children. as i just got my divorce decree im not sure what my next step is, i also live in texas

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Both parties need to take whatever steps are necessary that are set out in the Decree. For instance if there are 2 cars in both parties' names, each will have to sign off with the bank to transfer legal ownership of one car to one spouse and the other to the other.

That's true for joint loans, too.

Do you have more specific questions?

Sue

Did you find the information I provided helpful?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sue