Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need advice on how to present a motion to the judge as to…

Customer Question
I need advice on...

I need advice on how to present a motion to the judge as to fair division of community property. 15 years of marriage.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes! the petitioner lawyer is asking for sole legal and physical custody of our 11 year old daughter. Also, asking for the petitioner to stay in our home until our daughter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I' m unemployed at this time

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm asking for the sale all properties and equal division. Home, Timeshare, business vehicles, household items.
Answered in 1 day by:
5/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 25 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I will like to talk with you about the process.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago

***-***-**** is my cell number.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'm okay waiting for a answer.
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay

You can present to the judge by way of response that everything should be sold and divided so that you can move froward with your life.If the ex gets the house this unfairly avoids property division so that you can move forward with your life.Argue you need your share to be able to purchase a house yourself or pay debts,etc.If is unfair for you to subsidize the ex to live there for another 7 years or so.A letter to the judge with these arguments and a copy to other letter is you means to respond here and set out your position.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars i t is always much appreciated.Ask if you have more.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can sent you a copy of the respond I am working on for your review and corrections.

No problem post it here.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Did you get the document?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi Ray. this is the doc. I am working on.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello Ray. This is the document.

Your Honor, I am writing this separate motion in response to the dissolution put in place by the petitioner May 14th, 2018. I do not believ eall matters were truthfully addressed and more specifically, the basis for which the division of community property. I also disagree with the petitioner staying in the property at 14055 Princeton Fontana Ca 92336.

In June 26th 2017, I was separated from my marriage due to a domestic disagreement and have been living with my younger sister in Fontana Ca.I am a father of three two boys, one girl and a grandfather of two beautifulkids. 2-year-old girl and a 2-months-old baby boy. I ‘m hoping to visit myoldest Son and family in South Carolina. I want to continue supporting mysecond oldest Son in college at this time. Make sure he is financially,emotionally and focused on his studies to graduate and move on. I will like tocontinue to make those child support payments and outstanding payments for myyoungest daughter and be involve in her upbringing; education, social andspiritual directions. My daughter is very bright and will love to see hercontinue develop into an exceptional scholar. My children continued to be afocus for me in that I want to provide and help them until my last breath. Icannot make it possible without the financial backing.

I have made a life time investment into the property inquestion;*****Fontana Ca 92336 for 15 years just as thepetitioner have. No one of us have 100% ownership. I suggest the property should be sold and proceeds distributed equally by the court pursuant to California community property laws.. House holditems obtained during marriage should be sold and proceeds distributedappropriately. Items obtained before and after marriage be turnover topetitioner or responder. Gifts obtained by either part should be turnover toindividual. If the petitioner elects to stay in the house, that is her choiceand I am not going to stop that. The petitioner may buy me out of the mortgageand assume all other debt related including; the first and the second mortgageand remove my name off the mortgage:*****Fontana Ca 92336.

The (approximate 40,000.00) cashed out was funds that wasput into the business shared holders account which I was co-owner and was notnotify of this business transaction made by the petitioner why stilled marriedand living together in the same property.

I, am in debt, going through a health scare, limitedhealthcare insurance and unemployed at 56 years old at this time.

· My study loan expenses are over Sixty ThousandDollars in default.

Fedloan: 5378.45

Albany NYC student loan:

· Credit card debt 700 to 1000.00

· Readjustment expenses in the thousands ofdollars

· Child Support expenses and scholarSharecontribution

· College assistance to my Son.

Only a couple of changes here.Thanks

Thanks for 5 stars at top of page.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks for the help. God blessings

Same to you,thanks for rating.