Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am representing myself in a hearing. How do I procure

Customer Question
evidence and witnesses?...
I am representing myself in a hearing. How do I procure evidence and witnesses?
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Family Law
5/27/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Do you have people wanting to come voluntarily or need to subpoena.What kind fo case here, some more information please,thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have been served a no contact order by the mother of my stepchildren. Additionally, she falsified statements on the court document.

So here contact the court for subpoena forms for anybody you want or need to testify on your behalf and then you must serve them.

The other side will go first.Once they have finished with a witness then you get to cross examine.Once they have presented all then they rest and its your turn and you calls your and they cross them.The problem you may have is that if you aren't a bio dad you have to deal with that as well.Legally no right to see the kids.Make sure you are prepared to show your relationship with them and why its good thing for you to have access.

Thats a good summary of the process, let me know if you have more.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Prayers to you.