Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help- I have been served a no contact order by the…

Customer Question
I need help- I...

I need help- I have been served a no contact order by the biological mother of my stepchildren which makes false allegations and I don't know how to handle it. I am out of time- I only had 10 days to answer but fell on a long holiday weekend and I don't want to lose this by default

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I filed a petition to attempt to gain visitation with my stepchildren

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In return she filed a motion to dismiss as well as a motion to be excused from mediation

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Family Law
5/27/2018
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your civil procedure question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this matter. You can file an answer and response to the complaint at this stage or counterclaim for any order that you may require.

Filing an opposition to the motion and attending the hearing with evidence supporting your assertions is the best way to have restraining orders dismissed.

If you have a copy of the motion this is something I can review as an additional service, just let me know.

Please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill