Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My question is my ex husband is applying for child support…

Customer Question
Good afternoon my question...

Good afternoon my question is my ex husband is applying for child support modification claiming his 2 doctor practices are losing money so you know I live in Ontario Canada and he is from Atlanta GA plus, I have MS and I'm wheelchair bound therefore to go through the modification hearing we had to do a video conference ( Sype) anyhow my ex is not drone he transferred it to his wife's name or the other son how can I prove it? Nicole

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I filed a contempt order but I stupidly sa8d no for the repayment but I did not sign off on it is that ok?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I live in Canada I was promoted to the US got married and divorced there.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The court should not permit modification. You can allege these transfers and demand he produce all bank records and business records that would confirm the transfer.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Also I don" have any money so I was put on a pro bono and filled out the papers by hand.
Ok.