Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex had his psychosexual evaluation sealed and fired his…

My ex had his...

My ex had his psychosexual evaluation sealed and fired his prior attorney. This was only to be used once more in another evaluation he was to do with a custody evaluator that he not completed since February. He has supervised visitation but has not excercised them in 7 months but continues to drag out the divorce for additional visitation rights. He’s now hired a new attorney who wants to view the sealed evaluation. This has been going for almost 2 years. Can’t I file for a final hearing?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your ex taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The kids and I have since moved out of state, which he signed off on without going in front of a judge, it was a mediator about 3 months ago.

5/26/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is there a court date coming up?
No
You can apply for a final hearing. New lawyer cannot look to turn back the clock and delay matters.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Excellent. Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!
Thank you so much!!
Very welcome. If you found my reply fast and helpful, you may if you wish after rating select an appropriate Bonus or tip.
Infolawyer, Lawyer