Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In my divorce papers we are required to have mediation in…

In my divorce papers...

In my divorce papers we are required to have mediation in order to modify parent plan. My ex refuses to comply to go to mediation. Can anything legally be done to him?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have done paperwork for modification. I also have made an appointment with a mediator in which he won't attend.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Exact

5/25/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can file a motion to hold him in contempt and compel mediation. The refusal can help you prevail as well!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer